As I look outside my window...
I look up at the sky,
So dark and noisy,
I wonder if it’s me, or they are about to cry...
I stand there waiting,
Waiting for something I fail to know why...
Breaching my delusion was a bird whining nearby,
And as my eyes wander across the landscape,
I wish these eyes take me along as they fly,
Soon I could see the magnificent bird,
Still whining, as dark as the sky,
On a wrenched tree as I see her spry,
Is it the grief for the shelter that once was?
Or mourning for the bliss that there was...
Abruptly I feel the thunder’s claws,
And the darkness spreading those arms...
Dead is her tree but the memories are not,
Memories of the past, when she sang love songs!
Fruits like achievements to survive on,
And leaves like revolution, then and gone,
But she has to live and hence move on…
I wait for her and as if she lingers for me,
To take a leap as high as the wind,
Craving to leave all the grief behind!
With a desire to live & find a place to unwind,
A place where I won’t need wings to fly,
A place so much like her tree,
A place where I could be free…
I see her and I see myself,
The only differentiation...
She has her wings and I have my imagination,
Well, at last…
HOPE remains the only fascination!
- Saee

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete